Friday, October 01, 2004

Flickering...

The last time we had this kind of work schedule, I remember feeling frustrated and at times running on a very short fuse. Nowadays, I just feel close to burning out.

Not just because of the work schedule (arrive 9:30 am-10 am, leave 10 pm), but also with the GRE upcoming on the 28th, I go home and I have to force myself to study for at least a half hour to an hour a day - getting to the point where even leaving work is not much of a relief. I really haven't gotten much rest in a while, and I think that even when I do try to relax, my brain won't shut off because I'll always feel a pall hanging over my head that I should be doing something (working, studying, doing apps).

I'll be in the office all weekend with a break for worship on Sunday morning. The times I'm not here I should be studying. Prayers and accountability are appreciated.

Random thoughts...

Kerry was definitely more poised and focused during the debate with the President last night. I didn't hear anything new about their views on foreign policy. While Bush may or may not be right in his convictions with regards to Iraq, it puzzles me that he doesn't think that any of his decisions were incorrect. Kerry is a wild card, we really have no idea whatsoever of his capability of relating to other nations as Commander-In-Chief (in both friendly and unfriendly ways). I'll be interested in hearing what they have to say about domestic policy in the upcoming debates.

Current CDs: The Best of U2: 1980-1990 is currently in my player, which will be followed by Legacy: The Best of Boyz II Men. The former is introducing me to some of the greatest hits of a band that, while considered by many to be the second-greatest band of all time (to the Beatles), I only began getting into in the last year or so. The latter is more for the nostalgia factor of all those great hits from junior high and high school from the R&B group - plus it's extra fun to sing along to in the car because there are 4 distinct harmonies to try to pick up.

I almost never buy video games, even though I have a PS2, mostly because I don't have much occasion to play. To put that in perspective, I'm still playing NBA 2K2, released over 3.5 years ago. However, based on hype and talks with other people inside and outside the office, I'm considering the following:
ESPN NBA 2K5 - Only $20! Plus, it'd be nice to be able to play as LeBron and all the new guys from the past few years without having to create them all in 2K2 (like I did with Ginobili and Dunleavy).
Star Wars: Battlefront
X-Men: Legends - looks like a Gauntlet-style game, 4-person simultaneous smash-em-up, except with the X-Men. Good reviews too. Would be fun to play with a bunch of guys.

Dodgers vs. Giants this weekend... Giants need to sweep to force a tie, but more than likely they're reduced to battling Houston for the wild card. My younger cousin in LA has been going back and forth with me on some friendly trash talking over the last few weeks... here's a touching moment:
[02:44:42 PM] little_cousin: my friend gOt dOdger playOff tickeTs..
[02:45:21 PM] Bob: nice
[02:46:26 PM] little_cousin: uh huh..
[02:46:58 PM] little_cousin: im gOing tO the Game on SAterday.. & i decided in hOnOr Of u.. i wOn't bOO the Giants
[02:51:12 PM] little_cousin: :-D
[02:53:42 PM] Bob: :) that's sweet
[02:53:44 PM] Bob: thanks so much

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home