Thursday, November 28, 2002

Memories of "Turkey Bowl 2002":

- seeing almost all the youth group and former youth group guys come out
- wearing cleats for the first time. They really do help
- My team: Mike C (QB), William, Dave C, Ted, Karen
- Our record: 2-0-1
- Karen ran over Jeff (after a logged protest, I will also mention that Jeff had a sweet length-of-the-field pass to Sam deep for a touchdown in the game we played against their team)
- Eric got sacked by Jen
- Jen made something like 8 open-field diving tackles (flag football, so diving snatches)
- Wesley got "stiff-armed" by Tim(?) - Wesley was the defender, but when they hit, his flags came off instead of Tim's
- Andrea caught everything and killed us
- David had 2 interceptions and a couple of long touchdowns
- my stat line: 2 sacks, 2 TDs... mostly short crossing routes and one TD on a jump ball a la Moss. Oh yes, after I hurt myself (see below) I had one catch and then a sidearm lateral to a cutting teammate that was very Sabonis-esque

Other random things
- I strained the outside tendon of my right knee several weeks ago playing basketball, and it's been giving me a lot of pain/stiffness/soreness any time I exercise for longer than an hour. The entire afternoon I've been limping around and gingerly bending my knee. It's very annoying. I know I'm supposed to rest up and let it heal, but it's almost like I can't say no to a good competition... heheh... for the last football game today I basically didn't move but just stuck my arms up. Ah well...

- hung out with Jonathan Sun last night. We get together every couple of months to catch up... it sounds like he's grown a lot since the last time we met, talking about the lessons he'd been learning through various struggles over the course of the year, and how that's drawn him closer to God. I love hearing people's testimonies and seeing lives and perspectives change. Jonathan, I know you read this, so I look forward to hearing where God leads you next, and know that I'll be praying for ya.

- doesn't it seem like Thanksgiving is the one holiday of the year that hasn't been ruined by commercialization? Instead of the emphasis being placed on gifts, or cards, or whatever, at Thanksgiving there's almost always a spirit of celebration and enjoyment of family and close friends, and of reflection upon what you have. I'd love to see this kind of spirit spill over into other holidays of the year.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home